Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Does that mean?

Every year my class writes letters to Santa in the shape of a stocking. We decorate them and hang them up on the wall until just before Christmas.

Several years ago I asked to meet a nice man. I met my husband.

The next year I asked for my own family. My husband proposed to me.

Last year I asked to find a nice home for my new family. We found the perfect place.

So, this past Christmas I thought very carefully about what I wanted. I need to finish my college classes, but I would also like a baby.

My class sat on the rug, everyone holding the stockings that they had written on. We took turns reading what we had asked for.

When it was my turn I read, "Dear Santa, I have been very good. This year I would like a baby."

One little girl raised her hand and asked, "Does that mean Santa's the father?"

I did not hang up my stocking on the wall this year.

No comments: