Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Will the real Juan stand up?

On the first day of school I was placing name tags on my new students. My assistant was doing the same thing on the other side of the room.

Teacher - What is your name?
Little boy does not answer.
Teacher - Is your name Juan?
Little boy - Yes.

Next little boy - What is your name?
Little boy - Juan.
Teacher looks at list and says - I only have one Juan on my list.

Assistant calls across the room - I have a Juan over here.

Teacher gathers all of the alleged Juans together at one table and asks the first little boy what his name is.
Little boy - My name is Juan.
Second little boy says - My name isn't Juan. I thought you said John.
Teacher looks at the third little boy - What did you think I said?
Little boy answers - I thought you were talking about lunch.

No comments: